Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Disappearing Workflow!

Tessa
8 - Asteroid

Hi All:

I have been working on a workflow for quite awhile. Today I got it where I needed it - and saved, saved, saved....well, I had a bit of a brain hiccup and for whatever reason, I deleted it instead of the tde that I wanted to delete. 

Well, I went to the recycle bin to retrieve it and it is not there. I mean, it IS there, but it's a much older version - not the recent workflow that I KNOW I saved.

Is there a way to get back to a version based on a time period? For example, I know I had it saved around 3 p.m. today; if I could restore whatever version was there at 3 p.m., I'd be golden. 

Otherwise I think my weekend is ruined. 😞 

3 REPLIES 3
JosephSerpis
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi @Tessa depending on the version of your alteryx designer you might have an autosave of your workflow the below screenshot shows how to access them. Hope this solves your issue and doesn't ruin your weekend.

workflow. AutoSave.jpg

Tessa
8 - Asteroid

Sadly, I already attempt this- so unless someone else has an idea, I'll just have to recreate it. Fortunately, I had actually taken a screen shot to show a colleague - and I can use that for guidance. 

Thank you

Tessa
8 - Asteroid

I ended up having to rebuild the workflow - but in doing so, I actually was able to correct something that I was struggling with before - so, I guess it all worked out okay in the end! 

Thank you for a fast response! 

Cheers,

-T

Labels