Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Disabling multiple tool containers simultaneously

akosc1
5 - Atom

Hello all,
I have just started using Alteryx and I was wondering if there is any way to disable multiple tool containers simultaneously. 

Thank you,
Alex

2 REPLIES 2
JohnJPS
15 - Aurora

Hi @akosc1  

I can't think of anything other than placing them all in a parent container and disabling that.

david_fetters
11 - Bolide

If you're just talking about working with them as a way to control your workflows (i.e. keeping a bunch of processes in the same workflow, just separating them out into tool containers that you enable/disable depending on what you need) then it's going to be manually.  If you're talking about doing this inside of a macro, then it's just a matter of hooking them up to an interface control or Control input.  Here's an example where both tool containers will be enabled and disabled by the same checkbox tool:

Capture_multiple tool containers single interface.PNG

If you are storing a bunch of different process steps in separate tool containers, then wrapping that workflow in a macro would give you a way to control it just by checking checkboxes.

Labels