Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Disabling events in designer

AlterIT
8 - Asteroid

We have workflows published in Alteryx Gallery with events enabled in them (This will help to notify our Support Team whenever workflow fails). When these workflows gets downloaded locally and perform testing in Alteryx designer, Developers have to remember to uncheck 'Enable Events' option. Otherwise it trigger multiple emails to the mailbox when there is a test failure etc.

Is there an option to disable all events by default in Alteryx designer (in local machine) so that developers don't have to manually uncheck this option each time they test/edit these workflows each time to avoid cluttered emails. I was searching some of the designer configuration settings and could not find anything.

AlterIT_0-1660742351641.png

2 REPLIES 2
JagdeeshN
12 - Quasar
12 - Quasar

@AlterIT  I dont think there is a straight forward way to enable the events when on the server and disable it when downloaded. In these scenarios I try to put a reminder (through comments) in the workflow so that the user knows to disable the events.

Although I am not completely sure about the feasibility of this but you can also try disabling the ability for users to access the smtp server from their local machines so that only the server account can send emails.

AlterIT
8 - Asteroid

@JagdeeshN  Yes, you got it all right. "try disabling the ability for users to access the smtp server from their local machines " I am curious how can we do it or even individuals dev's can do it locally.

Labels