Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Disable automatic connections when adding and moving tools

MassimoDM
7 - Meteor

Hello everybody, I am quite new to Alteryx and it's probably my fault as I am messy, but everytime I am modifying something in my workflow as in adding and moving tools, the fact that Designer automatically set connections to nearby tools really bothers me and sometimes makes a mess (a messier mess) out of my workflow

4 REPLIES 4
BrandonB
Alteryx
Alteryx

One tip that may help is zooming out of your workflow a little bit so that you have a bit more flexibility on how far away each tool can be placed. 

zoom.png

Tools only automatically connect to each other when they are close enough, so the best way to avoid a tool automatically connecting is to place it a bit further away. 

AngieH
5 - Atom

Yes, I would love a config setting to turn off the auto-connection and the reshuffling of tools!

I have noticed other people mention this in earlier posts, but they are inactive.

AJ_DiFazio
5 - Atom

Auto connecting would be useful if it did not reproportion the flow of a module.  It is such a menacing feature.

akadwa
7 - Meteor

Agreed, there should be a way to disable auto-connection of tools when dragging as I'm grappling with the same issue when moving things around in a tight work area

Labels