Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Disable and Enable Email based on User Selection

Praneeth1996
8 - Asteroid

Hi team,

I am trying to add an action tool the email tool and in turn connect the action tool to 'List box' tool.

I am trying to configure such that when the user selects 'Yes' an email is triggered. But, when user selects 'No', no email will be triggered. Is this possible?

Are there any other approaches to achieve this functionality? Please help.

PS: In the attached workflow, I have removed SMTP, from and to mail intentionally. Assume that they are present. Help me in configuring the interface tools and Email tool.

3 REPLIES 3
Thableaus
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi @Praneeth1996 

I'd recommend using a Radio Button instead of a ListBox.

That's because the List Box allows you to do multiple selections and that would mess up the workflow.

With the Radio Button you can use containers to enable/disable them instead of enabling or disabling the Email tool directly.

Cheers,

Thableaus
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

@Praneeth1996 

Something like this would work

Thableaus_1-1591188051899.png

Cheers,

Thableaus
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

@Praneeth1996 

You can manually add a group box to your Interface Designer Menu, so it can be more clear to the user what they are selecting.

Thableaus_0-1591188707623.png

Cheers,

Labels