Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Directory tool question

kdelisi002
7 - Meteor

So I have an alteryx workflow that was sent to me in a .yxzp and then when I opened it I saved the folder to my desktop and imported it into Alteryx. Now what I want to do is to be able to drop more files in those folders (add more months of the same reports) on my desktop and have the workflow run with those new inputs but it's not working and I feel like I'm missing a step. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

4 REPLIES 4
kat
12 - Quasar

Hi @kdelisi002

I'm guessing that given that you're asking about a directory tool that's how the workflow is picking up files. Have a look in the workflow what file path the directory tool specifies. You'd probably be able to drop those new files into that folder and they'll be read in by the tool.

If that doesn't work, please do share some more screenshots, etc.

Cheers

Kat

kdelisi002
7 - Meteor

Sorry yes the directory tool. This is what the file path is showing:Capture.JPG

But when I go to that folder on my desktop and input new files it wont pick those up in the workflow, I even tried to change the file source to be those folders in the directory tool and still no luck. I guess my question is, is it possible for someone to send me a workflow and I wouldn't be able to change the inputs? Can this issue be related to how it was saved?

Capture.JPG

kat
12 - Quasar

@kdelisi002

No, you can always change the inputs.

Things to check here:

1. Is your workflow in the same folder as Feeder Cap Schedules Batch 1? the .\ implies that your workflow is in the same folder that holds Feeder Cap Schedules Batch 1

2. Are your new files in xlsx format?

3. Are your new files in a subfolder within Feeder Cap Schedules Batch 1? Then you need to tick include subdirectories.

Any luck?

kdelisi002
7 - Meteor

Thanks! My files were in a different format.

Labels