community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alteryx designer Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer.

Directory tool plus Output tool

Highlighted
Asteroid

Hi

I have a situation which I am not sure if I can achieve it?

I used a directory tool to search the document I need, which generated a fullpath link, I then want it to outpout into another path address which I used a formula tool to replace some of the string in the original fullpath.

Now when I use output tool to export the file into the new path link address I created, it doesnt seems to do so.

I assume I missed something during the process.

The purpose of this was that we have a excel file that need to manually saved as into the latest month folder when we come to beginning of every month, it is same folder like a master excel files.

And we trying to make this automatically so it can saved in the new month folder when we created. 

Is it possible to achieve this automatic process?

Please also see the attachment for the process I created and sorry I can show all the details due to the link is actual within the company.

Thanks 

Alteryx Partner

Hi

Take a look at the linked files below and if you look at the workflow this should hopefully give you want you want. if not let me know and where things arent going right for you in your workflow?

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B21yvnpqqWabQWhTdlh4UHc2WFk/view?usp=sharing

Cheers

Brian

Asteroid

Hi Brian

Sorry the link is denied access due to company internet security issue.

Could you be able to attach in here?

Thank you for your time.

Chunbin

Alteryx Partner

Here you go - it contains a couple of files for the example so is a zip file and needs to be unpackaged.

Let me know if you have any issues

Brian

Asteroid

Hi Brian

The Zip file doesn't seem can be opened as message pop up it does not appear to be a valid archive.

Sorry.

Thanks 

Asteroid

Hi Brian

I managed to download your folder, Our version are different, it doesn't allow me to open the workflow and the macro.

Would you be able to do a screenshot or something so I can get your ideas?

Thank you for your time.

Chunbin Zheng

Alteryx Partner

I have re-done in Alteryx 10.5 and attached hereScreen Shot 2017-03-16 at 16.41.22.pngScreen Shot 2017-03-16 at 16.41.10.png

Asteroid

Hi Brian

I get your idea but still have some problem.

1), directory, select and filter tool are fine to me as I managed to get the file i need, but I and 2 excel file called "worksheet1" in 2 different folder. although the content are the same still interest how to get the exact path one. Then till macro it does not return?

2) within the macro it works fine but if i connect it with the filter tool, there are error.

3) how can the excel files automatic save to the latest month folder without me manually select a location to save?

I have attached workflow, please find,

Thank you for your time.

Thanks

Chunbin

Asteroid

Hi Brian

I have created a batch macro which following your diea,

and I managed to export the files successfully,

However, the original files has 3 tabs with different value. But when I run the workflow, the output did create 3 tabs but they are all same value?

How can I export all 3 tabs with their value?

Please find the attachment for my works.

Thanks

Labels