Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Directory output many .gz to many excel files?

StephenF
8 - Asteroid

I have a directory full of .gz files containing one csv data file each I wish to spit them back out as xlsx files.

Best I can do is get a row of the file details printed on one sheet each in one xlsx file , what am I doing wrong?

I find this widget very unintuitive.

path.jpg

11 REPLIES 11
StephenF
8 - Asteroid

I get the following error when I try this, Jordan.

Error: Output Data (40): Unable to Open archive for zipping: G:\FTP\sales\Samantha\DataExtracts\schd.output_20190404.gz|||datafile.csv.xlsx Error Opening file: G:\FTP\sales\Samantha\DataExtracts\schd.output_20190404.gz|||datafile.csv.xlsx
: The filename, directory name, or volume label syntax is incorrect. (123)

JordanB
Alteryx
Alteryx

@StephenF and myself went on a call to resolve. So for those reading the thread, the solution is outlined.

The syntax below was incorrect regarding the file extension of the file. 

We needed to change this from datafile.csv.xlsx to just .xlsx|||Sheet1. This extension was added onto a re-formatted filename of schd.output_ using the text to columns tool. 

We then fed these into a batch macro to allows for changing field headers.

Best,

Jordan

Labels