Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Directory input .CSV with Dynamic input tool, how can I get the filename to transfer

Bigmonki
8 - Asteroid

Hi,

Using the Directory tool I can input all my .CSV files at once, I have used the wildcard to filter the files I want and then linked them to a Dynamic input tool using the FIELD FullPath and the Action Change Entire File Path.

Here is where I have a challenge, the output from the Dynamic tool isn't including the filename or full path which I need for identifying which country the data comes from. If I choose any Action other than Change Entire File Path, I get an error when I run it?

The output data from the Dynamic tool is perfect, so a macro seems unnecessary work, but is that the way to get the filename or is there a simpler solution?

Bigmonki_0-1597915894681.png

3 REPLIES 3
JosephSerpis
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi @Bigmonki have you gone into edit and selected Output File name as field in the dynamic Input tool configuration?

Hamder83
11 - Bolide

Hi 

what about using a directory and a simple input macro? 

Like this?

Bigmonki
8 - Asteroid

@JosephSerpis 

Doh! School boy error!!! Thanks for that, I'll go write 100 lines "I must not forget the basics"

🙂

Labels