Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Directory Tools Setting

luqmantmf
7 - Meteor

Hi,

I'm found error when attempt to save a workflow on Sandbox Gallery.

It seems the Directory Tools setting is not recognized when the workflow upload to Sandbox Gallery, but it runs well on my local computer

Is the any advice, how to set the Directory Tools parameters, so my workflow can run on Sandbox and my local computer.

Thanks,

luqmantmf_0-1669950470344.png

5 REPLIES 5
Luke_C
17 - Castor

Hi @luqmantmf The server would need to be able to access the folder. Typically people will set-up folders on network drives. Your server admin can help.

PanPP
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Hi @luqmantmf 

These files would need to be accessible by the server machine. You can store these files in a network location and then configure the tools using the network location files before uploading them to the gallery.

If the Alteryx Server has a run as user account in the Alteryx system settings, then this user would also need access to the network location.

Hope this helps, if it does please like this post and if it helps resolve your problem, mark it as a solution. If you have any other questions, please let us know.

luqmantmf
7 - Meteor

Hi @Luke_C  and @PanPP , how come the configuration for Directory and Input Data tool different? Cause when the workflow is run by user, they can select any file or folder on their local computer to be proceed on the workflow right? CMIIW. :-)

Thanks,

PanPP
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Below are the explanations for each tool. A directory tool is meant to be utilized when you want to return a list of files from a specific location.

The Directory tool returns a list of files that are contained in a directory and relevant file attributes.

The Input Data tool reads data into your workflow by reading from a specific file or connecting to a database.

Hope this helps, if it does please like this post and if it helps resolve your problem, mark it as a solution. If you have any other questions, please let us know.

luqmantmf
7 - Meteor

Hi @PanPP , thanks for the explanation. I will store the files on server and set permission to server machine. 

Labels