Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Directory Tool with Dynamic Input Tool

jasontax
6 - Meteoroid

I have about 25 directory and dynamic input tools in my workflow.  The workflow runs correctly buy is slow to respond when making any changes.  Any ideas for improving performance?

3 REPLIES 3
JohnJPS
15 - Aurora

You could try hiding them in containers - not sure how much it will help though. Just a thought.

danilang
19 - Altair
19 - Altair

Hi @jasontax 

During development, Alteryx does it's best to ensure that accurate config info, i.e. available fields and type, is available at every point in the workflow.  It does this by refreshing the metadata every time a tool is changed.  This can have an impact on development time if you have lots of tools or tools that are slow to refresh, especially input tools.  Luckily, there is a way to disable this.  On the advanced tab of the User Settings, there's the option to Disable Auto Configure.  Check this and the metadata will stop refreshing in the background.  You can force a refresh at any time by pressing F5.

AdvancedUserSettings.png

Dan

jpoz
Alteryx
Alteryx

A performance issue with the Directory tool was identified and fixed with the 2019.3 release. Download it at http://downloads.alteryx.com

Labels