Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Directory Input, LastWriteTime - show in final output after macro's dynamic input

RichardJH
5 - Atom

Hello everyone,

I have a workflow which utilises the Directory Input tool. This identifies a list of files in a file directory. I have a batch macro for bringing in multiple tabs from multiple spreadsheets. Once a specific template matches, the subsequent workflow steps are applied. 

The output works, however I would like to bring forward the file's LastWriteTime in the final output. I cannot seem to link the Directory Input's LastWriteTime to the workflow on the other side of the batch macro. How can I do this?

I have attached a screenshot of my workflow, but if you need further information, please let me know.  

3 REPLIES 3
Ladarthure
14 - Magnetar
14 - Magnetar

Hi @RichardJH,

one way to do this would be to do a join on filename (or fullpath) that you can set to have while reading the file from the batch macro to the the data after you read the directories and unioned those.

tell me if it is unclear so that I can help you!

messi007
15 - Aurora
15 - Aurora

@RichardJH,

On the batch macro you can add the file name as a field:

messi007_0-1653297455632.png

And based on that you can do a join with the output directory and the lastWriteTime.

messi007_1-1653297663088.png

Hope this helps!

Regards

RichardJH
5 - Atom

Thank you both @lardarthure and @messi007. I have applied a join and amended the workflow to get the desired result. Thank you both for your help.

Labels