Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Difficult Task Here

Ibx
6 - Meteoroid

Hi:

I am thinking about an interesting workflow.

In Excel Sheet 1, I can use an Alteryx output. The formulas in Sheet 2 will automatically update based on the numbers in Sheet 1. 

I want to finish the above process in Alteryx not in Excel.  So basically Alteryx will output a file with 2 sheets.  Sheet 1 will still be the same and Sheet 2 will contain excel formulas calculating the results based on the numbers from Sheet 1.

Do you think this is possbile in Alteryx?  Otherwise, I will just do it partially in Excel.

Regards,

3 REPLIES 3
jrgo
14 - Magnetar

@Ibx,

I don't see why it wouldn't. You'll need to make sure that you select the correct "Output Option" when configuring your Output tool. "Overwrite Sheet (Drop)" will only replace the sheet and not touch anything else other sheets.

image.png

Ibx
6 - Meteoroid

This is amazing.  

Is there anyway I can let Alteryx to output the entire file?  So I don't have to save and override the existing file?

I may need to output multiple projects details so I am just wondering if I have to override and save them one by one.

jrgo
14 - Magnetar

@Ibx,

The option "Overwrite File (Remove)" will completely replace the file. In reference to your original question though, this option will impact ALL sheets.

Labels