Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Different output in the alteryx render in the excel file

SH_94
11 - Bolide

Hi ,

I would like to ask if we can perform the following in the alteryx:

For instance, I have produced the result 1 (after applying the joining too and other stuff) and in order to produce result 2, i need to do some formularisation to produce it.

However, when i want to export to excel, i want both results presented in the excel as shown in the screesnhot below.

Can alteryx do that ? Could someone briefly explain how should i perform it?

Jacob_94_0-1614850334677.png

11 REPLIES 11
SH_94
11 - Bolide

Hi @  grazitti_sapna

pedrodrfaria
13 - Pulsar

Hi @SH_94 

It is pretty simple, the easiest way would be to transform it into Tables and combine them. I have attached an example so you can better understand it.

pedrodrfaria_0-1614858820193.png

Pedro.

SH_94
11 - Bolide

Hi @pedrodrfaria,

Thank you for your response.

Is there anyway to split it ? cz it is two different sets of data and if combine it , i'm unable to differentiate it once exported to Excel.

Or is there anyway not to combine it into table and perform another solutions?

pedrodrfaria
13 - Pulsar

You are not combining the datasets into one. We are transforming them into separate table objects and then combining the tables into a single large table. So the data inside can be different, it does not matter.

pedrodrfaria_0-1614860636966.png

The other way, not using the Table logic, would be to Output to a specific range. Do we always know the quantity of rows for each dataset to be outputted?

Pedro.

SH_94
11 - Bolide

Hi @ pedrodrfaria,

Thank you for your detail explanation. The logic seems to be work in my case. 

The quantity of the rows will be different for each data input uploaded. May i know if i still can use table logic in this case?

In addition to that, let use the screenshot example below . After i had created this larger table, will there be any tools or functions that is applicable for filtering both table? For instance, if i want to filter ID A, i will just need to filter it one time at the every top as shown in the screenshot below and the second and third table will follow the filtering exactly.

Let me know if i didnt explain it clearly

Jacob_94_0-1614861062397.png

Thanks a lot 

pedrodrfaria
13 - Pulsar

@SH_94 

To answer your first question, Yes. When we do not know the quantity of rows, this is when we need to look at the Tables logic as a solution. If we knew the quantity of rows, then we could use the specific range logic.

The second question, No. At least not dynamically like this. Inside of Alteryx you would need to filter out the rows you do not want and then output that. But doing this, the rows you filtered out will never exist in the output file.

What you are looking to do over here is to output like we have talked about, and then INSIDE of excel, you set up that filter. This way the Output file will contain all the data and you will be able to filter out specific data rows.

Let me know if this was not clear.

SH_94
11 - Bolide

Hi @ pedrodrfaria

Thank you again for your time . That's very detail and useful explanation

Just have one query - inside the Excel, we also can't do one time filtering for both table right?

Do you know if there is anyway to do it in the excel?

pedrodrfaria
13 - Pulsar

@SH_94 

Yea, haha, that is an excel question.

I have not worked with excel in a long time.

Maybe this will help you?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OzWzp1i52PI&ab_channel=MNZ 

Please make sure to mark your post with the correct solution if we were able to solve your problem.

Pedro.

SH_94
11 - Bolide

Hi @ pedrodrfaria,

Could you briefly explain the concept / logic on why you need to use the report text and layout function in this case?

Labels