Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Detour to more than two paths based on incoming data

jeeva_ganesan
8 - Asteroid

Hi All,

Here is a requirement which I am struggling to get hold of for a while now, I will have different set of record on each segment. I want to have macro which handles all the different possible sets of records. Each set of record has to be handled in different approach. So I have different workflow for each now. But I am trying to build a single macro which identifies which path it has to go in the macro and process it.

If I use detour tool, which path the data has to take in the workflow has to be decided from value of a variable in the incoming data. I am not sure how we can programmatically change the flag in detour based on value from incoming data.

If I use multiple filters to use multiple routes, my incoming data may be processed in any route, so how do I output them ? I cannot union the output of multiple filters to be a macro output, because each path will have different output fields. 

Let me know if its not clear. I can try to explain it further.

Thanks.

1 REPLY 1
Aamir
7 - Meteor

You can embed a detour tool within a macro and adjust whether it goes left or right using a control parameter.

See attached example for a simple workflow that dynamically outputs left or right depending on the input value

Detour Macro

Labels