Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Detour Tool

lindsayhupp
8 - Asteroid

Hi Everyone!  Is it possible to have two incoming connections to a Detour Tool?  I have one set of data and based on user selections through radio buttons in the app interface the data either goes to one side (let's call this side A) or another side (let's call this side B).  The calculations completed on each side are different.  

Then I currently have a container that adds information to the data based on user selections through Check Box Tools in the app interface.  I want the information added back to the data to be the same whether the data goes through the A side or the B side.  However, right now it seems that you can't have two incoming connections to a Detour Tool. 

Please help!  Thank you!

2 REPLIES 2
SPetrie
12 - Quasar

No, you can only have one incoming connection to a detour tool. The detour end tool has two input anchors, but those inputs should come from the left and right detour branches that came from your detour start tool.

Im having trouble visualizing what you are trying to do with this one.

Is your container adding to your data after the detour? There really shouldnt be anything stopping you from having the detour go through SideA or SideB and then continuing on through the next container after the branches are joined back in the detour end tool.

SPetrie_0-1659504959789.png

SPetrie_1-1659504997340.png

Are you able to share the app with dummy data or some pics to help get a better idea of what you are trying to do?

lindsayhupp
8 - Asteroid

I think I figured it out.  I just moved my check box detours before the options to take either the A or B route.  Thanks so much!

Labels