Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Detour Tool

lindsayhupp
8 - Asteroid

Hello all!  I have a 'Detour Tool' connected to a 'Check Box Tool' and I have it set up so that if the check box is ticked data from a 'Text Input Tool' goes to the right and if the check box is not ticked the data from the 'Text Input Tool' goes to the left.  It's basically a yes/no scenario.  I then have the left side of the 'Detour' Tool going to a 'Browse Tool' as if the check box is not ticked (a 'no' response) I don't want the data from the 'Text Input Tool' to get added to my dataset.  The right side of the 'Detour Tool' is then connected to a 'Union Tool' to add it to the rest of my data.  However, the way I currently have this setup means that when the check box is not ticked no information follows through the right side of the 'Detour Tool' which then, when union'ed, is stopping any data from moving through the workflow and Alteryx will not generate the output file.  Any help would be greatly appreciated!

2 REPLIES 2
SPetrie
12 - Quasar

It sounds like you have something like this setup.

SPetrie_0-1659154526594.png

Detours need to either go to output data tools or connect back together with an end detour tool.

Try setting your flow up similar to this one.

SPetrie_2-1659154858948.png

When the detour goes left, only the main data comes through and no detour data.

When I have it to go right, it adds in the detour data with the main data.

SPetrie_3-1659154956996.png

lindsayhupp
8 - Asteroid

You are a genius!! Thank you so much!

Labels