Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Determining what creates/edits the .yxdb Alteryx database

Archaeopteryx
10 - Fireball

Hi,

Please see screen shot attached. I have inherited a workflow and am studying it. I need to modify a value in a row in a .yxdb file. ( See attached screen shot ). 

Please someone guide me how I modify it. Can it be edited directly? If not, how can I find what creates and edits it if it's an automated process? 

Thanks,

Chris

2 REPLIES 2
ivoller
12 - Quasar

Chris,

You can probably edit it via Filter / Formula tools depending on what the change is.

However, it may be best to identify the source of the YXDB and modify that to give the correct output. One way to identify the appropriate YXMD is to use your favourite file explorer and search for *.YXMD containing Text of "L2Y Sales by Unit %" or similar.

Cheers,

Iain

Archaeopteryx
10 - Fireball

IVoller,

Thank you for your assistance. I had to create a new workflow to modify the .yxdb file and rewrite it. I believe the original WF that created/modified the data was stored locally on a former associate's computer. 

Thanks again,

Chris

Labels