Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Desktop Schedulling

fmvizcaino
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hello everyone,

About Desktop Scheduling.

Is it possible to connect more than one designer to the same desktop scheduling license? Or we need to acquire one desktop scheduling license per Designer?

Thanks,

Fernando V.

3 REPLIES 3
Thableaus
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi @fmvizcaino 

As far as I know, the Scheduler license is associated with the Designer.

Basically, it's a Designer license with the option to schedule your workflows.

So, yes, it's one per user.

Cheers,

MarqueeCrew
20 - Arcturus
20 - Arcturus

@fmvizcaino ,

You'll be looking for server to solve that need (plus a whole lot more functionality).  Alteryx designers work independently on the machine (singular) that they are installed upon.  If you purchase a desktop automation add-on (currently $6,500 annually), then only you can execute schedules against it.  That is, when the machine is turned on.  If you go on vacation and fly to get there, the jobs scheduled during the flight will have to wait until you reach your hotel and connect.

Automation, collaboration and governance are some of the key features of server.  As a certified partner, please do help your client to understand the benefits of these enterprise features and help them to see the value.

Cheers,

Mark

Alteryx ACE & Top Community Contributor

Chaos reigns within. Repent, reflect and restart. Order shall return.
Please Subscribe to my youTube channel.
SrucBI
7 - Meteor

This is not something which was made clear to me when I purchased the  desktop scheduler - It is not exactly a cheap tool, and I had assumed it could be set up as a separate install so that it was independent of an individual environment or user. I think this should be made a lot clearer. We are miles away from the Server level, but that doesn't mean that we should be tied to a single user login :-(

Labels