This site uses different types of cookies, including analytics and functional cookies (its own and from other sites). To change your cookie settings or find out more, click here. If you continue browsing our website, you accept these cookies.
Have you tried re-installing or re-configuring the ODBC driver and PublishTo TableauServer macro?
Do these workflows run successfully without the scheduler?
It could also be related to UNC file paths, since the scheduler can't interpret mapped drives, so if the PublishToTableaServer macro lives on a mapped drive, for instance, the scheduler won't be able to read it. For this reason I always use absolute paths in any workflow that I want to run through the scheduler, i.e. \\servername\foldername\etc.
For connecting to a database, I had to set up the data source with a system DSN in ODBC manager (not in Alteryx)
For Publish to Tableau Server, the macro was installed at "C:\Users\<Username>\AppData\Roaming\Alteryx\Tools" but Scheduler requires it to be installed at "C:\ProgramData\Alteryx\Tools" (the tools folder didn't exist so I created it).
I have no idea why I didn't have these issues when I trialled Scheduler but the above fixed the errors.
I stumbled across what appears to be the real issue...
When I trialled Scheduler, I entered my details on the 'Run As' screen in System Settings.
When I started using Scheduler again, I didn’t re-enter my details. I don’t know if they disappeared during the upgrade to 2019.1, but once I re-entered them, the errors I was having above no longer appeared