Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Desktop Scheduler issue

Abhi_31
7 - Meteor

I have set-up my alteryx desktop scheduler. 
I have a workflow which if i run manually it runs perfectly ( send out emails) , but when i put it on scheduler it run but doesn't send out emails. 

Result log shows finished running. (No errors)

2 REPLIES 2
CharlieS
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi @Abhi_31 

Here's where I would start: the Alteryx Service. When you're logged in and using Alteryx Designer, your credentials are being used. When scheduler runs, the Alteryx Service running on the machine is the "user" running the workflow. 

The easy way is to access the Alteryx Services on the machine and add your user credentials to that service. If your IT infrastructure does not allow for this, then speak with your IT professional and figure out a user authentication that works for you.

Here's another post from yours truly with some images/notes on the Alteryx Service credentials:
https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Alteryx-Designer-Discussions/Running-Alteryx-Flow-with-a-service-ac... 

Abhi_31
7 - Meteor

Hi @CharlieS

I have already provided by credentials during Alteryx Designer scheduler Set-up.

I have tried to see if i would just open the email message ,not send it . That also on scheduler it doesn't do.

I went to the services to submit my credentials there, but I guess the option is disabled by the organization. 

Labels