Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Desktop Scheduler Disappeared

zacharypappas
7 - Meteor

Hello Everyone,

I have been running Alteryx Designer with desktop scheduler consistently for a month, without issues.  Today, I was scheduling some new workflows, and they ran as expected.  I restarted my computer, (since I haven't due to workflows running throughout the night on my computer) and there were some Windows 10 updates.  When I opened Alteryx after the restard, my schedule is gone, and I do not have the option to schedule any new workflows because the desktop scheduler (My Computer) option is not there.  I installed the newest version of Alteryx and that did not help either.  I am not able to interact with the system settings either (Support is aware of the issue but has not helped me resolve it still).

Thank you for the assistance,

Zach

3 REPLIES 3
DavidP
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

When you installed the latest version of Alteryx, did you install the admin or non-admin version of Alteryx? System settings is not available in the non-admin version.

Your System Settings screen should look like this. When you click next you should get the option to configure Designer + Scheduler.

system settings.png

zacharypappas
7 - Meteor

Hello David,

I installed the Admin version of Alteryx.  I had a call with support, which we tried to replace the conf file in the location "C:\Program Files\Alteryx\bin\public_html\js" to see if that was the issue, but it did not resolve it.  Next, they wanted me to check with our IT department to make sure our firewall or Anti Virus was not blocking anything in this folder, and it was not.  The last suggestion at this time was to disconnect and reconnect me from our domain; our IT department did as requested, but still did not resolve the issue. 

As far as the desktop scheduler disappearing, I had to start Alteryx Service again, and everything is working as it should now.

Thank you,

Zach

OmarP
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

I had the same issue - I just ran again the System Settings w/o changing anything and the Scheduler appeared again :)

Labels