Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Desktop Automation fails as it can't access folder

calloni
9 - Comet

Hello

I just installed Designer and setup my first Schedule. The Schedule is on an yxwz analytic app file that is stored in One Drive (but the file is local in my machine). I ran it as an Admin user and as a regular user.

Question: Is there any restriction to schedule workflows on files that are on One Drive?

Here is the Output I receive from this process:

scheduler.PNG

Thanks in advance

Rodrigo

4 REPLIES 4
AbhilashR
15 - Aurora
15 - Aurora

@calloni - apps are typically used when there is a human input every time the workflow runs. In this case since you scheduling the workflow, I would imagine you dont need them to be an app.

As for error message you are experiencing, it looks like your workflow has the absolute path (c:\users\rcalloni...) to the one-drive location embedded in it. Try changing it to the network path location of one-drive.

calloni
9 - Comet

Hello

After a full reinstall of Alteryx Designer and setting up my password under the System Settings and in the Alteryx Service in Windows now the workflows run when I set them to run (ON DISK).

This is enough for me (the Scheduler DB still doesn't work).

I will closing this one.

Rodrigo

zheny0010
6 - Meteoroid

Hi Can you explain more about "Try changing it to the network path location of one-drive."    Are you sayin the Http:  version?   As I am trying to access files in my OneDrive, and due to the Alteryx server version issue, I could not use the "OneDrive tool". So I am trying to figure out ways to connect to files in the Onedrive and have it run on Alteryx server schedule.

Stone_Finance
5 - Atom

Hey Guys, I do have the same problem but I couldn't manage a solution. I've tried to input my admin credentials into the service however it did not work. Any suggestions?

Labels