Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Desired Formatted Output Required

Inactive User
Not applicable

Hi Everyone,

Formatted output required, i have a sample input file and i want descending output(Col3,Col4) which i shown in Output1, but the Col1,Col2 should be in the same order. Output2 is also required, Find below screenshot, also sharing sample data file.

AltGuru_0-1658414756064.png

Can anyone help ? Immediate help will be highly appreciated, Thanks in advance !

4 REPLIES 4
SPetrie
12 - Quasar

I understand the numerical ordering of Col4 in the output, but the ordering of Col3 and Col2 dont seem to follow any pattern I can see.

Is the order of Col3 and Col2 important or is it flexible?

Would this type of order work?

SPetrie_0-1658423534559.png

Same for output2, how strict is the order of the output?

Would this output work or is it no good because the original Col2 items are alphabetical order instead of original order?

SPetrie_1-1658423602273.png

Inactive User
Not applicable

Hi @SPetrie,

Thanks for your revert, i think this will work for me and also highest value should be on top for a particular value in col1 for e.g; for A   EA,EA1,1000 | CS,CS2 850 |CS,CS1 400. FIRST,SECOND,THIRD HIGHEST and so on. I have to perform this for top 5 value for each value in col2. Can you share workflow ? Thanks !

SPetrie
12 - Quasar

This is the workflow I have so far. Its not doing quite what you asked yet, but its a start.

Let me know if this works for you to build off of or if we need to add more to get it ordered the way you want.

binuacs
20 - Arcturus

@Inactive User Another way of doing this

binuacs_0-1658442047023.png

binuacs_1-1658442065695.png

Labels