Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Designing a workflow ideas based on requirements

Kavya432
8 - Asteroid

Hi Folks,

I am new to Altreyx world. Trying few things on my own, but need an efficient solution. Below are steps or requirements need to be achieved in my workflow.

There are two input files P&C and Life.

1) sort by Lic Type for both the input files

2) Remove P&C rows with same Res #

3) Remove Life rows with Same Res #

4) Populate Life lic on P&C  for agents that also have a P&C License

5) Bring over all Life licenses to the P&C tab to capture life only agents

6) Remove any Life agent that has already been matched to a P&C license - leaves Life only Agents

Please let me know if you have any questions. Attached is the workflow I started, any ideas or solution will be appreciated.

Thanks

Kavya

7 REPLIES 7
LukeG
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Hi @Kavya432 I'd like to help you with your workflow, but the sample does not include the data needed since it is connecting to your database. Would you mind posting sample data files?

Kavya432
8 - Asteroid

Appreciate you help Luke!

Please find the attached spread sheets of sample data

1)PC_LIFE(it has P&C and LIFE)-Just to brief up, this spread sheet has a macro which combines both(P&C and LIFE) and do few updates and gives below as final spread sheet.

2)PDS_FINAL(is the output )

So we are trying to automate the macro process using Alteryx and trying to load that to Teradata. 

If you would like to have a look at the macro is in attached file.

wale_ilori
9 - Comet

@Kavya432 

I stumbled across this and so I took a stab at this and uploaded the workflow but my output has a different number of records in my output so maybe missing something.

Let me know.

regards.

Wale

danilang
19 - Altair
19 - Altair

Hi @Kavya432 

Here another workflow that produces the results your looking for.  Simlar to @wale_ilori's but using the Unque tool 

w.png

Get the unique res# for each input set.  Join them on Res#.  Union the results, calculate the LOA based on the existence of values in the two license fields and remove the records where last name contains "NationWide".  Here's sample of the results

R.png

I agree with @wale_ilori that your output data doesn't match with what it should be.  If you check the validation container in the workflow(Not shown here), you'll see that your Sample output table contains Res#'s that are not in either the Life or P&C tables.

BTW:  @wale_ilori The summarize grid allows you to rename the output fields so you don't require the dynamic rename after each summary

s.png

Dan

wale_ilori
9 - Comet

Good points @danilang . And yes, I started with the unique tool in my version 1 but decided not to use it when I posted the version 2. As per usng the dynamic rename, I was too lazy to rename them manually with the summarize tool, especially after using First a my aggregation method in version 1 then I used Max in version 2.

@Kavya432 Why do you have more than one value for and agent based on the Res/NRes column? I defauted to picking the R if available.

Wale

Kavya432
8 - Asteroid

Thanks a lot for you help Dan! Appreciate it!

Thanks

Kavya

Kavya432
8 - Asteroid

Thanks for your workflow wale!

I am not sure about the multiple values wale. will try to reach out to business folks.

Thanks

Kavya

Labels