Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Designer x64 Error

LuisMar
6 - Meteoroid

Hello,

We are starting to use Alteryx in the company yesterday, but we are having a problem when trying to connect to files using the Input Data tool. Does not matter what type or size of file I use, when trying to use the Browse or Select tool, or any other tool, I receive the following message:

Designer x64: The Designer x64 reported: AlteryxProcessManager::Start: ConnectNamedPipe: Error in ConnectNamedPipe. The pipe is being closed.

We are two in our team and we both have the same issue.

We installed Alteryx 11.3 x64 and we both have 32 bit Office, 64 bit Windows.

I tried using the 32 bit connection to connect to excel or access but it is not working.

I am following the same steps as the videos to connect to a file, using the same files also, but no luck.

Any idea what is going on?

Thank you very much,

21 REPLIES 21
SonaliBabar
8 - Asteroid

Not working . I am getting this error for input toll as well as text input tool.

@SophiaF wrote:

@LuisMar - do you get this error when connecting to a .csv file, or a .yxdb (alteryx database file)? I attached some sample data for you to test

fharper
12 - Quasar
Your post is unspecific but given the thread I assume your error is the connect named pipe error. This error occurs when trying to read inputs, regardless or data source.

Did you or your it team implement the white lists for admin and non admin install types I provided in earlier reply in this thread?
Labels