Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Designer Usage Data

kat
12 - Quasar

Hi there

I wanted to enable Designer usage tracking at my company. I had a look at this: https://help.alteryx.com/server/11.0/admin/index.htm#Configuration/SaveDesignerUsageData.htm%3FTocPa...

From this it’s not clear to me where I can find the usage statistics?

Also, on the non-admin install there is no RuntimeSettings file in the specified location. Can I create it there and will it still work?

Thanks

Katrin

10 REPLIES 10
CiaranA
10 - Fireball

Hi @kat 

With regards to your comment the users didn't have the necessary permissions on the server to write to the log files

Does each windows user account (i.e. Alteryx Designer) need write permissions on the %ProgramData/Alteryx/Service/Persistence directory in order appear in the Designer Usage MongoDB Table?

We have inconsistent numbers of users in our Designer usage report compared with installs, despite applying the 'phone home' customisation to all Designer Desktops

Any help here much appreciated! 🙂

Ciaran

Labels