Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Designer| Table properties - Decimal places

Mj9715
8 - Asteroid

Hi All, I have hundreds of columns in my "table" and be default the decimal place is set to zero. Any way I can change the default or bulk change to 3 decimal places in the table without clicking on each column and changing manually?

5 REPLIES 5
messi007
15 - Aurora
15 - Aurora

@Mj9715,

You can use multi field formula 

messi007_0-1632830192186.png

Hope this helps,

Regards,

Mj9715
8 - Asteroid

@messi007  I have already performed this, however irrespective of existing decimal places, the "table" tool changes the properties to zero decimal for all columns. My fix needs to be after the table tool is introduced. 

Maskell_Rascal
13 - Pulsar

Hi @Mj9715 

Add you table tool to the canvas but make sure you don't connect it to anything to start. Once on canvas, click on the Dynamic or Unknown Fields option in the Per Column Configuration and then set your decimal places to three. 

Maskell_Rascal_0-1632849597902.png

Now connect your incoming data to the Table tool, and this will now automatically set any number fields to this format while leaving the string fields unchanged. 

Maskell_Rascal_1-1632849682287.png

Hope this helps.

Cheers!

Phil

Kinetic_analytics
11 - Bolide

Great help. Thanks

apathetichell
18 - Pollux

@Maskell_Rascal - this is the best solution I've read in months. Totally snoozed on it until now.

Labels