Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Designer | Internal Error in Record Reader

ctaldone22
5 - Atom

Hi, 

I am using a workflow that I created a few months back, but now running with the AMP engine. I just downloaded the most recent release of Alteryx, 2022.1.1.130961 and I'm still getting the following error at one of my Input Data tools. The workflow ran fine prior to AMP and I can't make sense of my error message, can someone explain what could be wrong?

Error: Internal Error in RecordReader::ReadFields: Too many fields 

The file I'm pulling in has 10 rows, 3 columns, so "Too many fields" doesn't seem to be a valid error. 

4 REPLIES 4
TonyaS
Alteryx
Alteryx

Well, this is very strange. I would like to look into it. You could either go through Support and they can work with you to get a minimal workflow to reproduce the issue and submit a ticket that would get escalated to us, or if you would be able to email me a workflow I can try it on our latest Dev build and see if it's still an issue. My email is: tonya.smith@alteryx.com   

We did introduce some limits with 22.1 but they are for much larger number of columns. 

Tonya Smith
Sr. Technical Product Manager, cloud App Builder
ctaldone22
5 - Atom

@ctaldone22 wrote:

Hi, 

I am using a workflow that I created a few months back, but now running with the AMP engine. I just downloaded the most recent release of Alteryx, 2022.1.1.130961 and I'm still getting the following error at one of my Input Data tools. The workflow ran fine prior to AMP and I can't make sense of my error message, can someone explain what could be wrong?

Error: Internal Error in RecordReader::ReadFields: Too many fields 

The file I'm pulling in has 10 rows, 3 columns, so "Too many fields" doesn't seem to be a valid error. 

Hi Tonya,

As a workaround I just created a new input data tool and brought in the same mapping a second time, deleting the first one. The new one gives another issue:

Error: Unique (999): Internal Error in TaskFactory:GetProcessingTask: "You have found a bug. Replicate, then let us know. We shall fix it soon."

I have 20 other mappings all pulling from different tabs in the same file but only this one gives me the bug above. Any idea on how I could add in the input data tool and not get this Internal Error? 

TonyaS
Alteryx
Alteryx

Not without knowing more about your workflow. 

Are you using a CSV by chance? There are some extra AMP specific configuration options for CSVs. 

TonyaS_0-1656342479790.png

Tonya Smith
Sr. Technical Product Manager, cloud App Builder
IraWatt
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hey @ctaldone22,

could you provide the sample data:

IraWatt_0-1656342509398.png

Labels