Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Designer Errors

GuaglNic
5 - Atom

Hey Community,

I have been running a scheduled workflow since last year and today, it failed to run due to these errors below. It appears both issues lie with the Google Sheets output that I have it set to but again, since last year, I have never had any issues and it is just a normal google sheet with a few editors. Would love to hear your thoughts. I have copied the errors below from my workflow. 

Error 1 
Error: Google Sheets Output (86): Tool #259: Tool #32: Error trying to resize sheet: {
"error": {
"code": 401,
"message": "Request had invalid authentication credentials. Expected OAuth 2 access token, login cookie or other valid authentication credential. See https://developers.google.com/identity/sign-in/web/devconsole-project.",
"status": "UNAUTHENTICATED"
}
}

Error 2 

Error: Google Sheets Output (86): Tool #402: Error trying to publish spreadsheet: HTTP/1.1 401 Unauthorized
WWW-Authenticate: Bearer realm="https://accounts.google.com/"
Vary: Origin
Vary: X-Origin
Vary: Referer
Content-Type: application/json; charset=UTF-8
Content-Encoding: gzip
Date: Wed, 25 Jan 2023 15:04:49 GMT
Server: ESF
Cache-Control: private
X-XSS-Protection: 0
X-Frame-Options: SAMEORIGIN
X-Content-Type-Options: nosniff
Alt-Svc: h3=":443"; ma=2592000,h3-29=":443"; ma=2592000,h3-Q050=":443"; ma=2592000,h3-Q046=":443"; ma=2592000,h3-Q043=":443"; ma=2592000,quic=":443"; ma=2592000; v="46,43"
Transfer-Encoding: chunked

2 REPLIES 2
MeganDibble
Alteryx Community Team
Alteryx Community Team

Hi @GuaglNic,

It could have something to do with the Google Sheets tool being depreciated. The help docs online indicate that you should use the Google Drive tools

Screen Shot 2023-02-01 at 5.13.57 PM.png

Raj
13 - Pulsar

The two errors you are encountering suggest that there is a problem with the authentication credentials for the Google Sheets Output tool in Alteryx Designer. It appears that the tool is unable to access the Google Sheet due to incorrect or invalid authentication credentials.

To resolve this issue, you need to ensure that you have correctly configured the authentication credentials for the Google Sheets Output tool. This typically involves creating a Google API key or a Google OAuth 2.0 client ID, and then using these credentials in Alteryx Designer.

You can find detailed instructions on how to set up authentication for the Google Sheets Output tool in the Alteryx Designer documentation or on the Google API documentation website. Make sure to follow the steps carefully to resolve the issue.

Labels