Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Designer - Canvas disappears when downsizing

someotherguy
8 - Asteroid

Hello All,

I'm having an issue accessing the canvas when switching between having Designer stretched across two 24" monitors and auto snapping it to just one monitor.  The configuration and results tools are 50% of the width of the outer edges of the two monitors, the canvas covers the inner 50% of each, when stretching across two monitors.  If I move Designer to a single monitor those two outer tools come together and cause the canvas to completely disappear(below). Sometimes I can split the two outer tools apart along the middle seam to get the canvas to re-appear but I usually have to change it back to 2x full screen then adjust the outer windows to a combined width of less than one monitor and it will work. 

on version: 2022.1.1.25127 non-admin

someotherguy_0-1653500966420.png

3 REPLIES 3
someotherguy
8 - Asteroid

side note, looks like the 'Designer' label tag has been replaced by 'Designer Cloud'.

KilianL
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Hi @someotherguy ,

there has been some changes to the look of the UI in 22.1.

You should be able to easily adjust the size of the results window and the config window at the edge of them. This can be a bit hard to find with your mouse as it is only possible precisely on the edge. It sounds like you did this "along the middle seam" already.

Let me know if this works!

Kind Regards,
Kilian
Solutions Engineer - Alteryx

someotherguy
8 - Asteroid

@KilianL Yes, it is possible to select the two and separate them but only after a few tries, sometimes I click directly in the middle and it just slides both edges together.  It seems like there is only a one pixel to select just the left edge, one pixel to select both, and one pixel on the right edge, some days i just cant click the correct edge to separate them. 

At home I use a 49" ultrawide at 3840 x 1080

someotherguy_0-1654186489563.png

Below is the result of dragging the above to a 22" at 1920 x 1080.

someotherguy_1-1654186545844.png

It would be nice if after dragging to a smaller window the canvas was still visible.  Can the tool bars be set to % of previous window width instead of the static value they currently appear to be using?

Labels