Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Designer | Accessibility & Usability Features - We'd Love Your Feedback!

A11yKyle
Alteryx
Alteryx

Hello Fellow Alteryxians! 

The Accessibility Team here at Alteryx has recently developed some new features that will allow assistive technology users as well as anyone else, to navigate and manipulate elements of Designer using only the keyboard. We are very excited about these new features and those further on the horizon, but we need feedback! 

Who we're primarily looking for:

- Users who regularly use keyboard commands to navigate.

- Users of assistive technology

- Users that want/need to build workflows quickly

The above are definitely not hard requirements, if you've got the time and the inclination, we'd love to hear what you think! 

If you're interested in providing feedback on keyboard navigation features or assistive technology features either now or in the future please contact me here or at accessibility@alteryx.com 

Any feedback is appreciated! 

Thank you! 

43 REPLIES 43
someotherguy
8 - Asteroid

In the formula tool:

• from the column selection/create column name field the tab key should go to the formula field instead of the four icons down the left side
  • after clicking the data type field, clicking the first letter of any data type should auto select it
muhammadimranhakimi
6 - Meteoroid

Looking forward for more!

luqmanariff
5 - Atom

anticipating moree

Dr_Hammann_619
6 - Meteoroid

Interesting new features.

Mincridible
6 - Meteoroid

Very relevant

Raj
13 - Pulsar

looking to get some new features !!

eleee3
8 - Asteroid

Hey there,

I only use my keyboard to navigate Alteryx. While accessibility has generally been fine, the one feature which I was surprised wasn't there was the ability to scroll left and right in a workflow using a trackpad. Implementing this feature would hugely improve the accessibility for me, as dragging the bar at the bottom can get quite cumbersome.

Note that I use Alteryx on a Mac using Parallels, so not sure if this is Mac-specific or also affects Windows users. Note that for almost all other programs on Mac, touching the trackpad with two fingers and scrolling left and right moves the screen left and right.

DFranklin
7 - Meteor

I'd also like to see an ability to change icon sizes in the tool palettes and expand the palettes. With the latest update, it is often hard to read the small fonts and see the icon details to discern which tools are which. Larger icons are helpful for those with visual impairments who are not using assistive technology to zoom in the screen as a whole.

hnguyen1832
5 - Atom

Hi, 

I'm recently learning and experiencing Alterryx in my Accounting class. Before Alterryx, Excel was my favorite software for analyzing and modifying data. Alterryx is a game-changer; modifying data with Alterryx is much easier and faster, and the designer has more valuable features than other software. Alterryx is very interesting and I'm glad I get to know and learn about it. 

jchau1553
5 - Atom

I am curious to learn more about this! New to Alteryx, and been fun so far.

Labels