Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Designer 19.3 - Import multiple xlsx

Hamder83
11 - Bolide

Hi 

I have just recently updated to 19.3 

But now I cannot get any of my macros working that imports multiple xlsx files from a folder.

Anyone got any ideas? 

Errors:
Error: Multiple Sheets Multiple Excel Files (15): Record #14: Tool #2: Field: "Sheet Names" is 0 length.

Or:
Error: Claje_LoadMultipleExcelFiles (1): Record #20: Tool #1: No sheet specified, you must specify a sheet

- Any thoughts?

6 REPLIES 6
Jonathan-Sherman
15 - Aurora
15 - Aurora

Hi @Hamder83.,

Could you check the input tool section (3)?

image.png

If this solves your issue please mark the answer as correct, if not let me know!

Regards,

Jonathan

Hamder83
11 - Bolide

Hey Jonathan 

Im trying out various macros, to be able to import multiple excel files at once.

Therefore to my knowledge, im not able to specifi sheet name?

mmishal001
8 - Asteroid

Hi @Hamder83, this error "No sheet specified" comes up because you have multiple sheets on your file and the macro is being applied to only one sheet.

The solution is to have one sheet per .xlsx file.

Hope this helps.

Hamder83
11 - Bolide

Hi 

Ive just tried a sample of 5 files, all with just 1 Sheet, and it still doesnt work. 

Do you have a macro you know works, with importing multiple excel files at once?

Jonathan-Sherman
15 - Aurora
15 - Aurora

Is there the potential to input the sheet names into a control parameter? And convert the workflow into a batch macro?

Regards,

Jonathan

mmishal001
8 - Asteroid

This link has a useful file that works. Unfortunately, I can't share the files I have as a sample but this link should help you achieve what you are looking for.

Here are some screenshots that may be of help to you.

Workflow with the Macro attached

mmishal001_0-1574935413523.png

This is inside the Macro (use one of the files you have in the folder) 

mmishal001_1-1574935455578.png

Configuration of the parameter

mmishal001_2-1574935498100.png

This link is also useful

Labels