Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Deselect an asset to omit it from the workflow package - is there a default settings ?

srikant96
9 - Comet

Instead of deselecting an asset to omit it from the workflow package - is there a default setting that can be enabled to -  not include them when a workflow is saved to Gallery . i would like to package it only when i need it ....not the other way around. Any settings ? 

Often times I miss this step and a stale data is packaged 

1 REPLY 1
patrick_mcauliffe
14 - Magnetar
14 - Magnetar

Hey  @srikant96  -

To be very, very clear

*USE THIS AT YOUR OWN RISK*THERE MAY BE OTHER UNINTENDED CONSEQUENCES TO DOING THIS*

*ALWAYS MAKE A BACKUP BEFORE MODIFYING A PROGRAM FILE*

Depending on the type of install (User vs Admin), you may be looking in C:\Program Files\ or %APPDATA%\Local\

The rest of the path is: Alteryx\bin\RuntimeData\HtmlAssets\Workflows\js\workflowAssets.js

Right click the file, go to Properties, and uncheck "Read-only".

Now, open the file in your favorite text editor.

Go to line 260.

The text of that line is: "window.Alteryx.Gui.Manager.getDataItem(dataItemName).setValue(_asset._checked);"

Comment the line by adding  // in front.  The line should look like this (without the quote marks):

"//window.Alteryx.Gui.Manager.getDataItem(dataItemName).setValue(_asset._checked);"

Now, save the file.

Done.

Labels