Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Delimiters in CSV

beacc
7 - Meteor

Dear all,

I have a huge file where the delimiter is "#|" unfortunately Alteryx doesn't allow 2 delimiters and I can't use only "|" or "#" because in the text files is possible to find that characters between the text so are there any possibility to use the booth or any other idea for my problem ?

I have already consider all information has being just one column and then apply the replace function but it doesn't work because some rows where with a lot of information.

By the way I would like to know too if there are any possibility to import multiple files with the same format and the some columns in an automatic mode ?

Thank you,

Beatriz

3 REPLIES 3
ChrisTX
15 - Aurora

When you mentioned "but it doesn't work because some rows where with a lot of information", what does "doesn't work" mean?

Does your field contain embedded line feeds?  Is the Field Length big enough in the Import Data tool?

ChrisTX_0-1674848279827.png

Chris

markcurry
12 - Quasar

Hi @beacc 

Probably the easiest way to replace the two characters #| with a different character, like ¬

Replace([Input Data], "#|", "¬")

Then use Text to Columns with ¬ as the delimiter.

To read in all the files, if they have the same schema, you can use a wildcard to read them all together, or a dynamic input tools.  If not it's straight forward using a batch macro.

beacc
7 - Meteor

Thank you all 😀

Labels