Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Delimiter ";" doesn't split columns corrected

felipemorselli
6 - Meteoroid

I have a set of data of about 6~7 millions lines, and I can't set it correct, when adding the file to Alteryx it correct be distributed on each field.

Every field is between quotation marks ("Data1") and delimited by semicolons (;), but some fields has semicolons between the field eg; ("0,0225200";"JÉSSICA SANTOS";"32877077870") or ("DUQUE DE CAXIAS";"AV; NILO PECANHA";"1642").

Every time I try to import, it make some of the rows be like null.

Thanks in advance.

9 REPLIES 9
BrandonB
Alteryx
Alteryx

It would appear that the sample file you attached read in correctly. Does this not look as you would expect?

output.png

BrandonB
Alteryx
Alteryx

The #9 option in the configuration window allows you to ignore delimiters in quotes which should take care of your issue. 

pedrodrfaria
13 - Pulsar

Hi @felipemorselli 

The sample you provided seems to be assigning the correct fields under the correct columns. 

You can change the option in the Data Input to ignore delimiters inside of quotes, single quotes or automatically.

pedrodrfaria_0-1609890874716.png

pedrodrfaria_2-1609890900032.png

Pedro.

felipemorselli
6 - Meteoroid

Well, the thing is well I Run the script it goes wrong, it doesn't split the fields correctly as the image shows.

felipemorselli_0-1609891176717.png

I'm setting the file as that:

felipemorselli_1-1609891810902.png

pedrodrfaria
13 - Pulsar

Felipe,

When you upload the file into Alteryx, is this the configuration you are selecting?

pedrodrfaria_0-1609891921876.png

Pedro.

felipemorselli
6 - Meteoroid

Yes, I'm selecting this option and use the correct delimiter, as your image.

pedrodrfaria
13 - Pulsar

Felipe, can you please upload the dataset in the image example you just sent? Just to make sure I am looking at exactly the same data you sent in this image.

felipemorselli
6 - Meteoroid

Pedro, when I run on the Sample that I sent to you, it works fine, the issue happens when I try with the full database, which has over 7 million lines.

This is when I work with the Sample, as you see, it doesn't have any issue.

felipemorselli_0-1609894052675.png

And on the image below, is what happens when I run the full file.

felipemorselli_1-1609895237079.png

felipemorselli
6 - Meteoroid

I've found out now that there is a some quotation marks on the data that is making this issue happens, I'm uploading the sample with this new line, that has ( ;"CSB 10";"lotes 6/7 bloco "A"";"";"72015605"  ) and happens to make this

felipemorselli_0-1609935432223.png

Thanks in Advance

Labels