Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Deletion of records from a table

gmv
7 - Meteor

Hi ,

I'm looking for inputs to identify and delete records from table 1.

I have 2 tables .Table 1 and Table 2. I have found a way to identify the inserts and updates from table 1 using the output tool (update ,insert if new option) and with left outer and union could accomplish this. 

However , I'm trying to find a way to do deletion of records into table 2, ( I have to identify the records that are removed from Table 1 on daily basis and perform those deletes into table 2 ). I have a strategy to use select all from table 2 and left outer join with table 1 where the primary key is null , to identify the deletes, But not sure which transformation or tool i should use post this to get these deletes . Looked at output tool and there is no such option to pass filter in the sql. 

Can some one pls suggest any work around here . Need to implement this by next week and out of options

I have added the current working workflow here in order to better understand my need and help update or add the delete flow into this under similar lines.

Appreciate any inputs !

11 REPLIES 11
Francisco_Gonzalez
6 - Meteoroid

It is great!!!

how did you remove the record one to one?

Thx.

gmv
7 - Meteor

Hi - I created a temporary table in my putput tool which will track all the deleted records and then added a post sql delete to remove those from that table. To identify the deleted records i used outer join and is_null condition to find the records that are removed. which worked good.

However now im facing a new challenge and added a new post for that. which is addressing forign keys . Deletion now happens if there are no dependencies on the records . But if the records primary key is referenced in other tables update/delete is failing with foreign key violation. So i need to take care of those tables first .

I know the tables, but not sure how to add these dependencies in my current workflow .

Labels