Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Deleting the empty row ( used in Macro)

SH_94
11 - Bolide

Dear community,

Currently i am building a macro to read all the sheets in one excel file. However, different sheet have different spacing as below:

For sheet one, it start at the row 3 

SH_94_0-1655524898090.png

While for sheet two , it start at at the row 6

SH_94_1-1655524941056.png

May i know is it posssible to ask alteryx to read starting from the row that contains "initial data" wording dynmically?

Many thanks in advance. 

4 REPLIES 4
ArtApa
Alteryx
Alteryx

Hi @SH_94 - It actually skips empty rows. You can also put a Filter to remove rows you don't need. However, I'm not sure why you need a macro. You file can be read with a Dynamic Input:

ArtApa_0-1655527986834.png

SH_94
11 - Bolide

Hi @ArtApa ,

Thank you for the prompt response.

Reason i use macro is i have multiple excel file in different folder and different empty row.

Could you please advise what is the main difference between macro and dynamic input and also how to use them wisely in different situation?

Thank you.

ArtApa
Alteryx
Alteryx

Hi @SH_94 - The major difference will be in the ability to read data with different schema. Please have a look at the following article: https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Alteryx-Designer-Knowledge-Base/CS-Macro-Dev-Reading-in-Multiple-Fi...  

binuacs
20 - Arcturus

@SH_94 The attached workflow created based on your input file and expected output result. 

binuacs_0-1655557200190.png

Labels