Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Delete specific top rows based on condition

mattpeltcfa
7 - Meteor

I have multiple data sets in the same format as the snippet below, except the number of rows between those with column headers varies. I am trying to make the second set of column headers (AFP CODE, DESCRIPTION, etc) the first row of all my data sets. I have been attempting to Union all data sets together, then use a multi-row formula, but it is not working. Can someone help me come up with a solution?

Apologies , I am very new to Alteryx!

mattpeltcfa_0-1579810687709.png

4 REPLIES 4
fmvizcaino
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi @mattpeltcfa ,

One option is to change the line you start importing your file in the input data tool.

fmvizcaino_0-1579811239101.png

But if that is not an option for you, I'm attaching an example to show how you can use the header as you want, but this example only work for one file per time only.

Let me know if this works for you.

Best,

Fernando Vizcaino

BrandonB
Alteryx
Alteryx

I like to take this approach where the headers can be dynamically identified no matter what row they start on. In your case you know that AFP code is where the data starts. Please take a look at the attached workflow and let me know if this helps!

Dynamic Headers.png

mattpeltcfa
7 - Meteor

That worked! Thank you!

munchkin100
7 - Meteor

@BrandonB  this is exactly what I was looking for as well. Thank you @mattpeltcfa for this question and @BrandonB for your answer.

Labels