Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Delete column.

sweattej
6 - Meteoroid

I am very new with Alteryx. I want to delete column(s). I don't care what is in them what the headers are etc. I just want to delete a column(s). This was easy in Watson Analytics so I'd think it would be in designer but I've spent a lot of time and I don't see a way to easily just delete a column. I'm guessing the best thing to do is just remove it from the original input data set?

Thank You.

10 REPLIES 10
Thableaus
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi @sweattej 

Just use the Select Tool and uncheck your desired column.

It's as simple as that.

Cheers,

sweattej
6 - Meteoroid

I knew it had to be simple. I just didn't look under the select rock. Having a Gee Duhhh moment 🙂 Thanks.

sgupta
5 - Atom

What if there are 250+ columns? If want only 20-30 columns of the entire data. I know I can use the select tool to do it. Is there an easier way to do than unchecking 200 columns one by one?

DanM
Alteryx Community Team
Alteryx Community Team

@sgupta in the Select Tool, under the options>select you can choose "deselect all" and that will then allow to choose the fields you want without having to uncheck every column.

DanM

legwu
6 - Meteoroid

Hi All,

I need to delete some NULL columns from a form of data, but there are so many rows, I can't be 100% sure by deselecting and selecting certain columns.

Can Alteryx detect if there are any NULL columns in a set of data and delete them?

Thableaus
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi @legwu 

You can check NULL values using the Browse tool. You will see a red mark below the column names.

If it's all green, you should be good. Hovering over the color mark also gives you a percentage of how many values are OK, empty or null.

You can also use the Field Summary and the Basic Profile tool under the Data Investigation palette. Both of them produce a summary of some data quality standards that you can check. 

Cheers,

sandya1
5 - Atom
Hello, if I have to delete the data from particular column, but require the header than how to doit
sandya1
5 - Atom
Hello, if I have to delete the data from particular column, but require the header than how to do it
Emil_Kos
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi @sandya1 

Please find the workflow attached. 

Labels