Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Delete certain rows from another input

sanastasova
7 - Meteor

Hi!

I have two inputs. The first is with all the data extract. The second is with data that needs to be deleted from the first one. I want to link the two inputs and automatically create a formula so it can delete all rows containing data from the second file.

The second input changes every month so it needs to be replaced every time I run the formula. 

Thanks!

2 REPLIES 2
mbarone
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

Hi @sanastasova .  In the future, post questions about the product in the appropriate Discussion Forum .  For your question here, that would be the Designer forum.

From the sounds of it (but can't be sure without screen shots or a examples), it appears you'll want to use a Join Tool .  The Tool Mastery Index has great info on some of the most popular and commonly used tools.

Also, the Academy section of the Community has some great tools to help you on your way.

Cheers!

FláviaB
Alteryx Community Team
Alteryx Community Team

Thank you for your help, @mbarone

@sanastasova, for more visibility, I am moving your post to the Designer Discussions board. 😉

Flávia Brancato
Labels