Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Delete all excel files in a folder before processing the rest of the workflow

Holidayday
6 - Meteoroid

Hello I have a folder with csv files and excel files. I need to delete all the excel files in the folder as a step in my workflow, can you please let me know how I can do this?

Thank you so much!

3 REPLIES 3
Qiu
20 - Arcturus
20 - Arcturus

@Holidayday 
We can do it by Run Command Tool, are you ok with that?

It seems that some people hate it. 😁

Qiu
20 - Arcturus
20 - Arcturus

@Holidayday 

Attached is a sample and please modify the path to your need.

0324-Holidayday.PNG

mst3k
11 - Bolide

I always found the Run command tool very difficult to understand at first, and then it made sense. Til I need to set it up from scratch again down the road and figure it out again.

But you can do great things with it, especially as far as creating folders, moving or deleting files, etc.

I made a macro tool to delete the automatically created .BAK files that Alteryx creates, particularly useful when your output is multiple worksheets into an Excel file - your report folder will have a .BAK file for each Excel file that gets created. Plop the macro into your workflow and it'll delete any .BAKs each time it runs

Labels