Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Delete Alteryx Database (YXDB)

Frank_Rock
5 - Atom

Hello,

I'd like to delete or refresh an Alteryx database (yxdb extension).

I have a workflow that requires a fresh 'empty' database to push data into.  I'd like to keep the same name, but insert a method of simply deleting all the rows before the fresh insertion of data.

Thank you,

Frank.

4 REPLIES 4
fmvizcaino
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi @Frank_Rock ,

I'm attaching an example using block until done tool where you save a database with no data and right after save all the data.

I'm not sure if it is that what you need, but you can adapt to whatever you need.

Best,

Fernando Vizcaino

Frank_Rock
5 - Atom

The path to your test.yxdb is to your desktop, so I'm getting an exclamation point error.  I can read through it, however, but I'm not sure if this will work.

This procedure will have to be done over and over again.  I'm not sure if this works as I need to actually clear the database of information. Saving with no information won't clear information already inside the yxdb database, will it?

It's a weekly process.  Data flows through the workflow, and then ultimately resides in a database (yxdb).

The next week, that yxdb database needs to be emptied and ready for new data.

fmvizcaino
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi @Frank_Rock ,

If the only thing you need to do is to read a file with 0 rows of data, you only need to configure your input data tool to read 0 rows as image below.

fmvizcaino_0-1581961762964.png

Best,

Fernando Vizcaino

Frank_Rock
5 - Atom

I think this did it. 

Thanks!  I'm new to this, and you were helpful!

Labels