Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Defect: Report Text Tool Issue on Upgrade

cmguajardo
5 - Atom

The font on the tool is set to black and the background is set to none. Upon running the workflow, the output produces a black background.  I played around with it for a while, and no matter the color setting, the output still produces a black background for the header. I also replaced the tool and copied its settings and ended up with the same result.

cmguajardo_0-1622560929866.png

8 REPLIES 8
Kmaclean
8 - Asteroid

I would like to Second this, I am experiencing the same issue on the newest release, I believe something is happening with the render tool;

Before the upgrade the render output would produce;

Good.png

After the upgrade the reports started rendering as such;

Bad.png

I then tried to go to every report suite tool (header, report text, table, layout, render...) and try to force black text with a white background and the best I have been able to get is this;

current.png

To note, the header still have the text for the date (just can't see it cause the background) however the extra lines from the report text tool that is added above each table does not even produce the text (ie. "Count of Records").

This is the Browse results right before the Render tool, that has the report displaying properly (purple boxes are just redactions), so that leads me to believe the Render tool is to blame;

Browse.png

Also here is my Render tool configuration;

render.png

render2.png

Example workflow attached, that is producing same errors

Peachyco
11 - Bolide

Just want to add my experience to this issue.

I have a report that has (1) a Table Tool, (2) a Report Text Tool, and (3) a Layout Tool that combines those two in a vertical layout.

Previously, the output Excel file is just fine - I have a table with a title that has black text on an empty background. Now, the output Excel file has a table title that is unreadable because of black text on a black background. It is the Report Text Tool that creates this table title.

tbrancazio
5 - Atom

See this happening on my end after upgrading desktop and server to 2021.2.2.45235.  Using same type of build as others with table, text, and layout.  Was a fix placed for the 2021.3.1 version? 

Kmaclean
8 - Asteroid

Yes, this bug was under "DE33649" which is now labeled as fixed.  I no longer see the bug as well after upgrading.

tbrancazio
5 - Atom

Thanks. Appreciate the feedback Kmaclean

rae7johnson
5 - Atom

I just recently upgraded to 2021.2.2.45235 and I'm getting the black background headers.  I see that the bug was fixed but was it fixed in a later version?

Peachyco
11 - Bolide

Yeah. Just came here to confirm that this issue no longer exists for us with Alteryx Server 2021.3.2.54175. Thanks. 😊

tbrancazio
5 - Atom

Yes, our organization is on the latest version of 2021.3.2.54175, and the black header bug is fixed

Labels