community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alteryx designer Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer.

[Defect] ODBC connection fails after saving workflow (Alteryx 11.0)

Meteor

When I connect to an Oracle database via ODBC 32-bit connection, I cannot run the workflow again IF I save the workflow.  I receive the error message shown below.

The problem is not with my connection or my SQL since if I paste all of the tools into a new workflow, it runs just fine.

I've been able to reproduce this error each time I try to save a workflow with an ODBC connection.

Is there some kind of setting I need to update to fix this? 

Input Data (10) Lua open script error: 0, C:/Program Files/Alteryx/bin/RuntimeData/ODBC/SQORA32.lua:1: module './RuntimeData/ODBC/common' not found:¶ no field package.preload['./RuntimeData/ODBC/common']¶ no file 'C:\Program Files\Alteryx\bin\bin32\lua\\/RuntimeData/ODBC/common.lua'¶ no file 'C:\Program Files\Alteryx\bin\bin32\lua\\/RuntimeData/ODBC/common\init.lua'¶ no file 'C:\Program Files\Alteryx\bin\bin32\\/RuntimeData/ODBC/common.lua'¶ no file 'C:\Program Files\Alteryx\bin\bin32\\/RuntimeData/ODBC/common\init.lua'¶ no file 'C:\Program Files\Alteryx\bin\bin32\..\share\lua\5.3\\/RuntimeData/ODBC/common.lua'¶ no file 'C:\Program Files\Alteryx\bin\bin32\..\share\lua\5.3\\/RuntimeData/ODBC/common\init.lua'¶ no file '.\\/RuntimeData/ODBC/common.lua'¶ no file '.\\/RuntimeData/ODBC/common\init.lua'¶ no file 'C:\Program Files\Alteryx\bin\bin32\\/RuntimeData/ODBC/common.dll'¶ no file 'C:\Program Files\Alteryx\bin\bin32\..\lib\lua\5.3\\/RuntimeData/ODBC/common.dll'¶ no file 'C:\Program Files\Alteryx\bin\bin32\loadall.dll'¶ no file '.\\/RuntimeData/ODBC/common.dll'¶ no file 'C:\Program Files\Alteryx\bin\bin32\.dll'¶ no file 'C:\Program Files\Alteryx\bin\bin32\..\lib\lua\5.3\.dll'¶ no file 'C:\Program Files\Alteryx\bin\bin32\loadall.dll'¶ no file '.\.dll'

Hi @jbrider,

Does it work if you use OCI instead of ODBC?

Pulsar
Pulsar

I am getting the exact same error.  This only occurred after I installed 11.0.  Prior to that, my modules like this ran fine for years.

Hi @mbarone and @jbrider,

This has been escalated internally.

Kind regards,

Paul NOIREL

Customer Support Engineer

Pulsar
Pulsar

Thanks Paul!  I emailed my clt serv rep right after I posted and he let me know they're looking into it.

Highlighted
Meteoroid

Have their been any updates to this?  We use a lot of 32-bit ODBC connections

Meteoroid

I am getting the same error in 11.0.  I will have to revert to an earlier version until they get this fixed.

Hi @rsidani@jbrider,  @ctthornb@mbarone,

Patched version of Alteryx should be released soon. Official date has not been communicated yet.

Thank you for your patience, please stay tuned.

Paul Noirel

Customer Support Engineer

Meteoroid

Thanks Paul.

I can use 10.6 until the new patch.  I just got addicted to the new formula tool in 11.0 :)

Meteoroid

I have the same issue. Please let me know when the patch is released.

Thanks,

Chris

Labels