Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Defect: Iterative macro loses field mapping for static inputs on iteration 2

SeanAdams
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

@adams_ca found a very interesting issue when you have an iterative macro with more than one input.

Context:

Iterative macros can have multiple macro inputs - with one of these dedicated to changing iteratively every cycle.    The inputs that are not changing every iteration act as a static data set for all cycles

Issue:

For the static inputs - if any use a field mapping when they are plugged into a canvas - the iterative macro forgets the field mapping on the second iteration and it throws errors.

Replication:

Version 1 - same macro but with a field mapping in the calling canvas

2020-02-03_17-02-47.pngNotice that the field "Source" is only getting lost on iteration 2Notice that the field "Source" is only getting lost on iteration 2This is the mapping that gets lost - "Source"This is the mapping that gets lost - "Source"

Version 2 - change nothing EXCEPT adding a select tool in the calling canvas - and the iterative macro then works.

2020-02-03_17-08-00.png

5 REPLIES 5
ntobon
Alteryx
Alteryx

@SeanAdams  I am currently looking into it and we will be in touch as soon as possible.

Thank you,
Nora Tobon | Sr. Customer Support Engineer, Alteryx, Inc.
support@alteryx.com | community.alteryx.com | www.alteryx.com

ntobon
Alteryx
Alteryx

@SeanAdams It's possible that the field map for non-iterative inputs of an Iterative macro have never worked. We tested it in an older version (11.7,) and it doesn't work either. I will submit a defect and I will be updating you soon with the defect number.

SeanAdams
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Thank you - appreciate the update, and glad that this identified a valid issue. 

ntobon
Alteryx
Alteryx

@SeanAdams  

The issue you have reported has been reproduced and logged as a new Defect: DE23721. This Defect will be reviewed by our development team. We will notify you of any updates we receive.

ntobon
Alteryx
Alteryx

@SeanAdams  Defect: DE23721  was fixed in version 2020.2

Labels