Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Defect: 2018.1.4 Disable Container

MarqueeCrew
20 - Arcturus
20 - Arcturus

While performance tuning a solution of @LordNeilLord, I came across a bug in designer.  My use case was to create multiple ways to skin a cat and then to compare the timings of each run.  I put each approach into its own container.  To my surprise, I see messages in the results from containers that are disabled.

capture.png

In the enabled container there are 0 filters and 0 summarize tools.  The disabled containers are still executing logic.

Cheers,

Mark

Alteryx ACE & Top Community Contributor

Chaos reigns within. Repent, reflect and restart. Order shall return.
Please Subscribe to my youTube channel.
19 REPLIES 19
JessicaS
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Hi @jwokurka,

We have a project created to look into this. I don't have an estimate on timeline yet but will check with our development team to see if there is any update on timeline and post back.

Thanks,

Jess Silveri
Manager, Technical Account Management | Alteryx
JessicaS
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Hi All,

The development team is investigating the various reports on this issue and hope to have it resolved soon however at this time we are still unable to provide an estimate on timeline.

As soon as I hear an update I will post here.

Thanks for your patience,

Jess Silveri
JessicaS
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Hi All,

The development team is investigating the various reports on this issue and hope to have it resolved soon however at this time we are still unable to provide an estimate on timeline.

As soon as I hear an update I will post here.

Thanks for your patience,

Jess Silveri
Lanwenn
5 - Atom

Hi,

Have you an update to provide us please?

Thank you

JessicaS
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Hi @Lanwenn,

This should be fixed in 2018.3 or newer of Alteryx. Are you still experiencing the issue in a newer version of Alteryx?

Thanks!

Jess Silveri
rbeltrands
5 - Atom

No i'm not. Thanks for all your support!

tammybrown_tds
8 - Asteroid

Hello.  I am on Version 2018.4 of Alteryx, and I am still finding that I have to check the "disabled" box.  Simply using the toggle arrow to "collapse" the container does not disable the tools within it.

tammybrown_tds
8 - Asteroid

Never mind....user error.  It works for me.

epilady
7 - Meteor

I am using 2019.3 and having the same issue. Ironically, when you open debug the container is disabled however when I run the workflow the container executes.

Anatoly
5 - Atom

Version 2020.2.327789

I'm experiencing the same issue. In both debug mode and "run as an app" the data update container is executed even being disabled.

Anatoly_2-1601037739886.png

Anatoly_0-1601037844620.png

Labels