Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Defect: 2018.1.4 Disable Container

MarqueeCrew
20 - Arcturus
20 - Arcturus

While performance tuning a solution of @LordNeilLord, I came across a bug in designer.  My use case was to create multiple ways to skin a cat and then to compare the timings of each run.  I put each approach into its own container.  To my surprise, I see messages in the results from containers that are disabled.

capture.png

In the enabled container there are 0 filters and 0 summarize tools.  The disabled containers are still executing logic.

Cheers,

Mark

Alteryx ACE & Top Community Contributor

Chaos reigns within. Repent, reflect and restart. Order shall return.
Please Subscribe to my youTube channel.
19 REPLIES 19
JessicaS
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Hi Mark,

We are looking into this and attempting to replicate.

Thanks,

Jess Silveri
Manager, Technical Account Management | Alteryx
RidJa001
5 - Atom

I have noticed the same behavior with the new disable feature. 

JessicaS
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Hi @RidJa001,

Thanks for reporting.  Mark and I just met via screenshare and Mark was able to figure out that the issue is replicated for him by right clicking on the disable button.  Are you seeing the same? Would you mind if I reach out to you via PM to connect to see if we can record the behavior on your machine?

Jess Silveri
Derangedvisions
11 - Bolide

If i have a container within a container the "disable container" doesn't actually disable the inner container. (it simply collapses it-and i need to still check the "disable" radio button to disable the inner container)

edit: The right click actually does disable the container though!

JessicaS
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Hi @MarqueeCrew,  @RidJa001 and @Derangedvisions,

We are tracking this internally.  I'll post back as soon as we have updates.  We have had other users report the issue as well.

Thanks for reporting!

Jess Silveri
Derangedvisions
11 - Bolide

Thanks for following up @JessicaS

rbeltrands
5 - Atom

I have the same Error

JessicaS
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Hi @rbeltrands,

Thanks for posting. Our development team is currently tracking this issue and we will post an update soon.

Thanks,

Jess Silveri
jwokurka
7 - Meteor

I also just had the same issue. Are there any updates?

Labels