Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Decision Tree Output

HM
8 - Asteroid

Hi,

This is my first time using the Decision Tree node so I was trying to understand how I could have the output as an image of a tree?

There are 3 output options on the node with I being the image one but all it's showing me is a network path and when I go into the folder and open the widget, it only opens and closes the command prompt function.

Thanks

3 REPLIES 3
s_pichaipillai
12 - Quasar

Hi HM,

take a look at the sample attached which is available under Help Menu->sample wrokflows-->predective tools

HM
8 - Asteroid

Thank you for your help! I managed to find the tree plot, however, it's only showing one variable when I'm using mulitple variables.

Is there something I'm missing? My nodes are set as 30

Naledi
7 - Meteor

Hi, HM. You provide the tree model with a set of possible variables it can use to create the model. Not all of these will actually help predict the outcome. The decision tree algorithm will assess which of these variables are useful in creating a classification, starting with the variable that provides most certainty. In this case only one of the variables you selected was deemed to be useful to create a classification. You can influence the size of the tree by setting the maximum allowed depth, allowing fewer/more minimum nodes in the terminal node or changing the number of records needed for a split. However, a simple model is not a bad thing.  

Labels