Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Debug issue with Radio Button

JReid
9 - Comet

I was working on using a Radio Button to enable only one output at a time for a workflow that has 3 potential outputs. This was accomplished by using the formula "![#1]" on the disabled parameter of a tool container with the outputs.

When using the Open Debug option of the interface menu I would find all 3 tool containers enabled. I also saw this result when attaching all 3 Radio buttons and using the formula "[#2] OR [#3]" to enable the box labeled for [#1].

When running a mock-up I made I found that these action tools are indeed working properly when ran as an analytic app. Is there something wrong with how I'm using the debug tool, or is this an issue with the Alteryx process for the debug?

I've attached a mock up and am using Version 2019.4.8.22007

2 REPLIES 2
JosephSerpis
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi @JReid I amended your workflow that will only enable one container when run in debug and should also work when run as a alteryx app.

JReid
9 - Comet

Thank you @JosephSerpis.

It seems odd that the debug would require the full conditional statement with a string to adjust a boolean value with a boolean input. I would expect an effective debug to operate as though it were the real process.

Labels